Specialized steel structures are widely used in various industries due to their positive characteristics. The steel structures are pre-engineered and made from structural steel that is designed especially to carry a huge amount of weight. Steel building manufacturers follow structural fabrication process to make these pre-engineered steel structures. Currently, they are highly in demand in industries like petrochemical industry, airport terminal buildings, ports, metro and rail, power plants, oil and gas, stadiums, residential and commercial buildings etc.
● One of the key reasons for the high popularity of specialized steel structure is because they allow for customization. Several designs can be fit into these pre-engineered steel structure which previously was not possible in conventional building systems. Apart from this, specialized steel structures also have high versatility.
● It is easier to erect a specialized steel structure. It does not take too much time either. Because it comes fabricated, the erection time is reduced to half. This is one of the prime factors why commercial sectors now mostly opt for specialized steel structures. There are fewer chances of delays and no delays mean fewer chances of incurring loses!
● It is not just about durability anymore. You need a steel structural building that not only is strong and durable but is also elevates the aesthetic value of the building. Commercial buildings win points for their aesthetic designs.
● Specialized steel structures happen to be very strong. They can withstand almost any kind of force or blows. Studies have shown that it has by far the highest strength when compared to other conventional building structures. This durability ensures that you will not have to spend money on maintenance too frequently. A specialized steel structure can last for more than 30 years!
● Specialized steel structures have high corrosion resistance. Corrosion is the worst possible enemy to building Structures. But due to the miscellaneous steel used, it is not resistant to corrosion.
● If you want, the building can be expanded later on. It is very easy to make an expansion, unlike other conventional building structure which would require you to break down the whole thing and then create something entirely new. If you are interested to get a specialized steel structure to google structural steel fabricators near me. Google will show you the list of all structural steel contractors near you.
Steel structure companies tend to offer various types of structural steel works. In the next section, we talk about various types of steel structures. Keep reading to find out.
This a steel structure that has been placed axially in compression. These kind of steel structures are also often called posts, columns or stanchions. You might know struts, these are compression members that are used on roof trusses. These are mainly used to provide support.
Shell structures often look like a shell hence the name. They have a curved shape and are mainly used in lightweight construction. These are arranged together to create one large structure. Because of their shape like a shell, they are also called the shell structures. They are widely used in roofing.
Truss like structures
These are triangulated systems, which include a lot of straight structural steel elements that are connected to each other. You have probably seen them in buildings like airports, stadiums and auditoriums. They are used in such wide buildings. Because of their durability and strength, they are also often used as a transfer structure that is used to carry the load from one place to another.
The tension member is also known as a tie member. Wire, rods, bars, cables, plates etc are all considered to be tension members. These are used based on the type of building structure and what kind of connection it requires to complete the building structure.
Suspension members tend to be lightweight and mist used in large-span buildings. They help support the load. Suspense members include wires, chains and grids. Built-up members and structures These are highly valued for their economic nature. They are made from 2 u sections that are rolled and 4 angles. The distance between these elements can be covered easily by battening. These members are used in compression members and supporting members.
The future of pre-engineered steel structures
Pre-engineered steel structures are not going away anywhere any time soon. They are here to stay. Reports show that Majority of the commercial buildings will be specialised steel structural buildings in the near future. Furthermore, with advancement technology, the engineers may come up with more designs and types. Computers will be used to come up with manufacturing phases and design phases. Pinax steel a steel building manufacturers is one of the company of future for sure.
For More Information and Get To know About The Company Follow Us